Eyelash extensions make a great addition for those wanting to accentuate an eye look. Here at Beauty Lounge RI, we value the importance of eyelash extension care. While eyelash extensions are a simple way to amplify your look, they do require care and maintenance to ensure that they last between fillings.
Why is Eyelash Extension Care Important?
- To prevent possible eye irritation or infections – if you do not take care of your eyelash extensions properly it can lead to possible irritation and eye infections.
- Lash health – If you do not take care of your eyelash extensions properly this can hinder the growth of new eyelashes.
- They will look better longer – taking care of your eyelash extensions will increase their overall longevity.
Steps and Tips for Eyelash Extension Care
It’s crucial to keep your set dry for the first 48 hours. After the 48-hour mark, wash your eyelash extensions. If you don’t wash your eyelash extensions after 48 hours residue will build upon your lash line potentially leading to an eye infection.
When washing your eyelash extensions make sure to use a special eyelash extension solution or distilled water. Wash them with a soft bristle brush. Let the water from your shower run down over your face and eyes.
Eyelash Extension Fills
When should you get your eyelash extensions filled? We recommend that you get your lashes filled every 2-4 weeks. The timing may be different depending on factors such as:
- The amount of lashes applied
- The maintenance of your lashes
- Your lash cycle and how fast your eyelashes grow
- Inform us if anything has changed for example, if you’d like to upgrade to a thicker set etc.
- Avoid coming in with heavy makeup so we can apply extensions to a clean face
Interested in booking an appointment? Contact us today!